Travel Advisory for Indian Nationals travelling to Yemen
GENERAL INFORMATION ON CONSULAR SERVICES
Applications for Consular Services can be submitted in person at the Consular Services counter of the Embassy of India in Sana’a, Yemen and Camp office in Djibouti
- - Emergency Certificates
- - Endorsement of new passport number on PIO card
- - Life certificate for pensioners
- –Death certificate
There is no need to take an appointment for submitting application(s) for Consular Services in the Embassy. Consular Services are rendered on first-come-first-serve basis.
Timing (on all working days): Sunday to Thursday Time Zone: -2.5 hrs IST, +3 hrs GMT
Submission of documents: 0900 – 1730 hrs (1300 – 1330 hrs Lunch Break)
Collection of documents: 1500 Hours to 1700 hours
General requirements : Applicants for Consular Services are required to submit:
- - Proof of identity;
- - Proof of residence;
- - Photograph (passport size);
- - Prescribed fee.
- Generally, passport is required as proof of identity and extract from the concerned (Municipality) is required as proof of residence.
- Applicants for Consular Services are required to submit their Passports and all other documents in original along with a self-attested photocopy. All original documents are generally returned after scrutiny on the same day or on next working day along with the attested documents; in case original documents are not returned, applicants should ask for the same.
- Mode of payment: Fee for Consular Services is accepted by debit card (PIN). Cash is accepted if exact amount is tendered.
- For forms related to Consular Services, please see the link 'Forms for Consular Services' below. Forms can also be obtained free of cost from the counter of the Consular Wing of the Embassy.
Please Note :
- Under Indian law, Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) who have acquired foreign citizenship are required to surrender their last held Indian passports to the nearest Indian Mission/Post immediately after acquisition of foreign citizenship. In view of this provision, PIO intending to apply for Consular Services should surrender his/her last held Indian passport, obtain Surrender Certificate/Deemed Surrender Certificate/Renunciation Declaration (as applicable in individual cases) and then apply for Consular Services by submitting a copy of the Surrender Certificate/Deemed Surrender Certificate/Renunciation Declaration so obtained, along with other documents prescribed for the required service. In cases where a PIO applicant has already acquired Indian Visa after acquisition of foreign citizenship or if he/she has obtained OCI/PIO Card after acquisition of foreign citizenship, he/she needs to submit copy of his/her Indian Visa page or copy of his/her OCI/PIO Card (as the case may be) while applying for Consular Services. In short, PIO applying for Consular Services is required to submit copy of Surrender Certificate/Deemed Surrender Certificate / Renunciation Declaration OR copy of Indian Visa page OR copy of OCI/PIO Card along with application for Consular Services.
- - The Embassy of India reserves the right to reject request for attestation of documents, the contents of which are objectionable or contrary to the Rules.
REQUIREMENTS- LOST DAMAGED PASSPORT.
REQUIREMENT NEW PASSPORT.
Requirements for Birth Certificate and New Passport for child.
Requirements - EC.